Saturday, February 11, 2012

Republican Meeting

I was invited to attend a meeting with our area Republicans. Mainly, Senators, Magistrates, Department of Education Directors that are running for elections. Very interesting individuals. A couple of my close friends showed up, Eric Householder and Elliott Simon. Both looked great. Although Elliott Simon and I are opposing each other in the Republican race for District #67, we both highly respect each other. Elliott has promised to back me after I win the May 8th Primary. I look forward to his input. (much confidence in my campaign)

The meeting depended heavily on fund raising and donations to our campaigns. As most you already know, I am strictly opposed in running a campaign like other Candidates and fund raising. This is just to prove my opposition and theory that asking people in your district for money is not required to win this election.

My belief if very simple. People in society today are having a hard enough time making ends meet without having a Politician ask for their hard earned money. Look at this way, if Candidates are dedicated in asking for donations from the public, maybe the donation would come in easier if our taxs were lowered! If our people were not so over burdened with taxs, they might be more open minded to supporting a Candidates campaign.The only donation I need from my people is their trust, respect and honor within my position of Independent Republican.

Instead of supporting my campaign economically, support my campaign by voicing your ideas and desires by contacting your Incumbent and/or Candidate of our State issues.

Written by W. Matthew Harris
Candidate for West Virginia House of Delegates District #67

No comments:

Post a Comment